An Expert Guide to Digitally Transform a Paper Form with PowerApps
In this “App in an Hour” webinar we have demonstrated how you can digitally transform a paper form with Microsoft PowerApps. This will convert your processes into an automated mobile application using PowerApps.
This webinar aims to give you the key knowledge you will need to create your first mobile friendly application using the products available to you in Microsoft 365.
We will use an example of replacing an incident logbook and create it completely from scratch, to show you the process one step at a time.
This same process can be applied to any form solution process such as: Expense requests, Inspections, Risk Assessments, Incident Reports etc.
Webinar: How to Digitally Transform a Paper Form with PowerApps
We recently ran a 60-minute webinar to discuss the points of this article to help organizations understand the benefits of the Power Platform within Microsoft 365.
Everything shown in this webinar is completely free to non-profit organizations and the products are available in all Business licenses.
Webinar and Blog by: Dougie.email@example.com
Agenda: Digitally Transform a Paper Form with PowerApps
- Choosing a Database – we will discuss what options do you have for storing data for your PowerApp.
- Microsoft Lists – We will use Microsoft Lists in our webinar for the database of the PowerApp. We will show you how to navigate to Microsoft lists within Microsoft 365. Then we will create a list and add the relevant columns for our form to store data.
- Data Schema – Modelling your data is critical before going ahead and creating your Power App. The app will create itself based on the columns you have created within your database. You should consider what data/fields you will need to capture. Comparing to an existing form will make this process easier.
- PowerApps – We will then create a simplistic mobile friendly Canvas PowerApp directly from our Microsoft List database. This will then interact directly with our Microsoft Lists database.
- Power Automate – We will use Power Automate to trigger an automated workflow when a new item is added into our Microsoft List. This means that a new incident has been reported. We will then generate an email and send that via the workflow.
- Reporting – We will then show you how to create views of the data stored within the Microsoft List that can then be exported as a live link into Microsoft Excel. You can then create charts that visually represent the information.
- Sharing Your App – Once we have created our solution, we need to ensure that are colleagues have got the relevant access to be able to use it.
If you are interested in Microsoft PowerApps then please download our FREE PowerApp white paper.
Contact our Digitally Transform a Paper Form with PowerApps Experts
10 Watergate Row
Chester, CH1 2LD