Valto is hiring! – Senior Developer
Senior Developer – Job Description
As part of the role, you will be expected to deliver the following:
- You will work alongside the Development Lead to design, build and develop our SPFx offerings
- You will be working alongside the Development Lead to develop, champion and own internal practices such as coding standards, code reviews, release, and deployment process.
- Be a primary SPFx resource which other members of the team will learn from.
- Work with the Development Team to design, build and develop our existing and new Power Platform offerings.
- Identify and make suggestions for team improvements.
- Continually share knowledge and in turn learn from the existing development team.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to our customers during solutions development
- Lead and Own development projects using one or a more of SPFx, PowerApps, Power Automate, Azure and other technologies
- Assist on more complex support tickets.
Skills / Knowledge
As part of this job role, you will be expected to be familiar and knowledgeable about the following:
- SharePoint Framework – SPFx (Using Typescript, ReactJS and associated tool chain)
- Good SharePoint Classic and Online Experience.
- Use of SharePoint APIs
- Microsoft Graph API
- PowerShell Scripting (specifically using the PnP packages)
- Power Automate
- Azure Runbooks
- Azure Functions (using C#)
Day to day duties
- 70% of your time will be dedicated to development of Microsoft 365 based Solutions including product development and client facing development.
- 20% of your time will be dedicated to working alongside the development lead to support junior members and develop, champion and own internal practices such as coding standards, code reviews, implementing and maintaining the release and deployment process.
- Leading and running development projects
- 10% Managing and resolving support tickets for related technologies.
The hours of work that are required will be from 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. The role is primarily remote with visits to clients and our office as required. The office is located at 10 Watergate Row, Chester, CH1 2LD.
What is the team like?
The team is built of Power Platform and SharePoint specialists ranging from junior members who are learning the platforms and working towards becoming fully certified along with experienced developers and lead by our Development Lead who has a wealth of experience working in Software Development and a vast amount of knowledge about the MS365 platform.
This role will provide a senior role who will work and support the junior team members, expand the teams SharePoint Framework, Power Platform skillset, and lead M365 development projects.
Valto are Microsoft Technology specialists. We are Microsoft Gold Partners for Productivity and Platform, meaning we have extensive experience in Azure and Microsoft 365. Valto IT services specialise in modern workplace IT, digital transformation, Microsoft services, technology adaption, IT strategy, flow, cloud roadmap, cloud automation, cloud security and much more. We help companies looking to leverage the latest technologies and transform their organisations.
In Valto’s first three years of business, we had reached £800,000 turnover. Valto is completely self-funded and has no investors. As of this year we have a turnover of £1,800,000. Valto expect to be at £3,000,000 by this financial year end.
We are very successful in our industry partnering with many manage service providers across the UK. We leapfrogged the market and become leaders in our market in a matter of months. Our customers always provide a 5-star rating, and we are very proud of the service we offer.
The success of Valto can be measured by the volume of successful project delivered including over 150+ cloud solution projects and over 500 hours of technical support provided to date. Valto have worked with some well-known high street names and enterprises such as Chester Zoo, Merlin Group, UKTV, WL Gore, Moneypenny, Sony Music and many more.
Valto are at a very exciting time with new opportunities opening in the public sector thanks to our G-Cloud offering with a number of new local authorities coming onboard.
The rapid growth of Valto presents a number of opportunities for rapid development within our roles as we grow and offer new services to our clients.
Click here to learn more about Valto and our team!
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday off Holiday
- Private Medical Cover – Best in market with no caps or upfront costs
- Online Rewards App
- Social Events
- Frequent Remote Happy Hours
- Christmas Parties
- Summer Meet Ups
- Christmas and Birthday Gifts
- Bonus on Promotion
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career Progression & Pathways
- Microsoft Certification
- Free Exams
- Work Study Time
- Remote Working embedded into the core of how we work.
- Valto work with the latest technology and provide the best-in-class equipment to our staff.
Get in touch!
If you are interested in this role and in joining the team at Valto, please contact us at: email@example.com and provide your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!